Everything You Need to Know about Root Canals
The term “root canals” causes many individuals to feel fear and anxiety. Our team at InStyle Dental Group has an experienced staff that focuses on patient care and happiness. Many of our patients struggle with realistic dental anxiety, and we are eager to provide comfortable care that relaxes patients during their procedures. Preparing ahead of time will help people to feel more confident about their treatments. Continue reading on to learn everything you need to know about root canals.
- Does Root Canal Therapy Hurt? Root canal therapy is implemented to relieve pain that a person feels in their tooth. Prior to the therapy, many people experience tooth pain and sensitivity.
- When are Root Canals Necessary? When tooth decay or damage reaches the inside of the tooth, a root canal is needed. This area is known as the pulp and contains the tooth’s nervous system.
- Do I Need a Root canal? If you are experiencing severe tooth pain, sensitivity, darkening of the tooth enamel, or infection in the gums around a tooth, then you may be in need of a root canal treatment.
- What Happens During Root Canal Treatment? Your dentist will remove the entire pulp and nervous system from a tooth during treatment. They will then refill the tooth and place a dental restoration, such as a crown, over the tooth for further protection.
- How do I Care for My Smile after Root Canal? After your root canal treatment, you should go back to a regular dental hygiene routine that involves brushing twice a day, flossing, and getting frequent exams and cleanings from your dentist. Soft bristle brushes may now be a better option for your smile.
- How do I Prevent the Need for Root Canal Treatment? Taking good care of your teeth is the best way to prevent the need for root canal treatments. Schedule visits to your dentist at least twice a year in order to achieve a healthy smile.
Contact our InStyle Dental Group today for more information regarding root canals and treatment options for your smile.