5 Myths About Root Canals Debunked
If you are reading this article, then you have probably just heard from your dentist that you need a root canal. Dental procedures, such as root canals, can be very misunderstood. InStyle Dental Group in Houston, TX provides high-quality root canals for our patients. Read on to see five myths about root canals get debunked!
- Myth #1: You only need a root canal if you are experiencing tooth pain. Just like organs in your body, your teeth can die. To prevent infection, your dentist may want to extract the tooth. There are tests they can run to ensure it has died.
- Myth #2: Root canal treatment is painful. If you are currently experiencing pain in your tooth due to infection, then a root canal will alleviate the pain. Our dentists will provide you will anesthetics to avoid pain during your procedure. It will feel similar to a simple dental filling procedure.
- Myth #3: Root canals cause illness. On the contrary, dental root canals benefit your overall health. They help to get rid of pain, infection, bacteria, and protect the teeth surrounding the infected tooth.
- Myth #4: The benefits of root canal therapy are temporary. Root canals are lasting procedures. Adding a crown to your tooth after will help to make your root canal last. Practicing good habits at home such as brushing and flossing, will ensure a lasting treatment as well.
- Myth #5: Tooth extraction is a good alternative to root canals. Tooth extraction allows more bacteria to enter your blood. Root canals are the best investment and allow you to keep your natural tooth.
Contact your dentist at InStyle Dental Group in Houston, TX for more information on your root canal. Your comfort is our priority! Set up an appointment with us today.